The Manchester Centre for Regional History is pleased to offer its oral history expertise to support local, community, heritage and educational organisations in their oral history projects.
Training and support packages can be tailored to the needs and budget of your project or organisation, and can include:
- practical introductory workshops
- interviewing skills sessions
- advice on devising, planning and developing for oral history projects
- ideas and advice on using oral history in a range of settings, including in schools or with hard-to-reach groups
- guidance on issues of copyright, ethics and equipment
- support during oral history sessions
- ideas and advice on putting oral history online
- project evaluation
The training and support are offered by Michala Hulme, an experienced oral historian based within the Manchester Centre for Regional History.
People who have attended our workshops have said:
“Thank you very, very much for the workshop, it was brilliant. You have really inspired the young people. They are so very, very impressed by you and your workshop” – Clare Molyneux, Open the Door Theatre in Education
“Thank you and well done, you’ve really empowered all attendees to go out in the field with greater confidence” – Paul Gallagher, National Museums Liverpool
“This was a really helpful workshop! I received valuable training that will help with my project” – Project Volunteer, Creating our Future Histories
For more details of workshops and training available, please contact Michala Hulme, email email@example.com or telephone 0161 247 6793.